Sunday 25 November 2012

Choco Float


I gotta fix this terrible mood. That's why, I got myself one large chocolate float. The mood almost wanted to explode finding that there was no empty table for me. Crowded malls and restaurants, a sign that Christmas is nearing. I went to a four-seater table and shamelessly asked the two old men seated if they'd be willing to share their table with me. They seem not to mind at all. And I f****n' don't mind too. It's not cool to sit with two grandpa's? I'm not after babysitting my false ego right now.

I watched one of them clumsily pick up each piece of french fries, while the other one was making all effort in directing the burger to his mouth. They were taking their sweet time having their snacks as they talk about deep and old things. Across our table is a girl who keeps smiling at me. I keep smiling back at her too as if it is the only way I could respond. Maybe she's met me in the past, but I don't remember. When the old men were finished eating and are about to leave, I suddenly felt lonely, as if I'm gonna miss them. Even though they didn't even give a single drop of attention to me, it felt like I've enjoyed my entire chocolate indulgence with two grandpa's of my own. I checked for my smile-mate girl, but she too, has already left.

How I pitied myself, staring at the chocolate float glass I emptied. I felt some bright colors twirling inside me now, but I'm sure it isn't from the monochromatic chocolate float. It was from the smile of the stranger across our table. It was also from the company of the other two strangers who were kind enough to share a table with me. I realized that although we are strangers to each other, we opted to exhibit the human characteristic of kindness and warmth.

I learned my lesson. I'll never resort to a chocolate float again...

By the way, my two grandpa's are still here with me. They didn't leave yet for they heard that Garfield is about to come on stage. We are now like kids of the same age mocking that tall Garfield mascot dancing to the song "Oppa Gangnam Style."

No comments:

Post a Comment